Tuesday, 21 May 2013

1st edit tutorial 14/5/2013

Following feedback from my tutor regarding the first 1hr edit, I requested a tutorial to discuss this feedback.
The 2 main points for discussion were: cutting the film to 30 minutes and altering the timeline of the film.

It was decided that by losing some of the unnecessary footage and altering some of the transitions, the same message could be put across in a 30 minute film without taking anything away from either the message or the people involved. This edit would also improve the flow of the film

It was also suggested that I alter the timeline of events within the film however, The timeline runs in real time Ie. The events within the film such as the Imbolc ritual and the Beltane festival only happen at that time of year and in that order so I decided to keep the timeline the same, once I explained this the tutor also agreed. .

No comments:

Post a Comment