With a week to go my crew are dropping like flies due to work commitments etc. I was initially planning on two crews of 3 so that one crew could focus on the booked interviews with the second crew focusing on interviewing festival goers while both crews could additionally film the events and cutaways. However I am now down to 3 crew members plus myself which is do-able.
Less than a week to go and I have been hit with the bombshell that I am unable to use the college minibus. Although this has been arranged since February I have been informed that because it is using a college resource and staff member it is deemed to be a college trip and as the relevant paperwork wasn't submitted 5 weeks previous to the trip I cannot use the said minibus!!!
To be perfectly honest, ad I been informed of this when the arrangements were made, the said paperwork could have been filed in plenty of time, so we are now stuck in a bureaucratic catch 22 situation!
Still, a solution had to be found,and quickly! I suggested rail travel arrangements for my crew as I was traveling to the location on the Friday with the crew joining me on the Saturday so it was decided that College would arrange rail travel from Blackburn to Thirsk (the closest station to the location) and I would ferry the crew from there to the site on the Saturday and return them on the Sunday.
All sorted - or so I thought.
Saturday morning - I receive a text message from one of the crew telling me he hasn't received the details for picking up the rail tickets and when I contact him, his phone is turned off. I manage to get through to the 3rd member of the crew who is waiting at the station and give the details to him, unfortunately I have now a crew of 2, including myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment